Thursday, January 28, 2010

An Argument for the Pro-Life Movement...

I retreated to my work desk to see what new marvel of creation I will invent, one night after dinner, but when I started to draft a blueprint for my new project; the annoying and unceasing buzzing of a common house fly would break my concentration...something drastic had to be done immediately; it was either going to be my latest invention or an annoying fly.

After fashioning the sport section of a newspaper into a suitable swatter; I waited patiently for that fly to, once again, approach my work desk and then SWAT!!! ...home team-1, fly-0. Feeling somewhat proud of my small accomplishment, I then unfolded the newspaper and something life-changing caught my eyes. Thereon the front page was a picture of the world at the top-lift section with a bold top heading that read: "Gods' will for the world".
I then looked down upon the mingled body of the dead fly and was immediately reminded by a portion of biblical scripture that read (paraphrasing): despite what mankind want, it is Gods' will that shall prevail. Today I look back and reflect with great pride in knowing that it was my will that eventually prevailed in my battle with the fly those nights ago, and, although it was Gods will that the fly live; it was my will that it die.

After close inspection of my work desk I noted the reason why I was constantly harassed by that relentless house fly; I had failed to properly clean-up after eating dinner that night and left a grain of rice stuck to my shirt collar, and had it been removed I would not have found reason to kill that fly and life would have went on (relatively) for both of us. Thereupon I, more so, understand the awesome power with which mankind is given in this world; the power to give life, as in my new invention, and the power to take life away at a sudden whim.

An even greater power which God, in its' infinite wisdom, had given to mankind for the preservation of creation....the power of self-control.

No comments:

Post a Comment