Monday, April 2, 2012

These Trusted Hands (The Chronicle of Chris Rolle – p2)


The Matter of Trust

At the age of 22 years I was asked: “In whom do you put your trust?”  Without any hesitation, nor mental reservations, I resonantly replied: “In God.”

Introspectively reflecting upon that moment, some 22 years ago, I now find reason to examine and to question my motivation:  Was I induced to so reply; was it merely an involuntary response; or was it the result of my personal conviction?  Whatsoever the motive which prompted my action, it hitherto became my obligation to duly pursue that ancient and honorable path put before me, and with an oath thereupon, I sealed my fate.  

In contrast, I have found reason to examine and question the motives of those candidates whom likewise, having aspired to the East, further applied themselves for stations of authority. Whom, having been made duly qualified, and were well recommended; neither hesitated, nor harbored any mental reservations.  Thus, presented themselves as one hewed from the dark quarry of racial injustice, economic inequality and civil unrest.  Making a solemn oath - to take up that preverbal cross; to rendering each man his due without distinction; and, with humility, bear the burden of leadership:  For the fundamental freedom of our people; for the protection of our sovereignty; and the prosperity of our lands.   

Although sworn to faithfully represent the interest of her majesty, her heirs, and successors.  Likewise so taken (within the length of term limits) to duly perform the same toward a majority of Bahamian citizens. That the blind faith which we having entrust (in them), by an indelible mark, might prove well founded, and they thereby - worthy of the trust bestowed.      

With equal fervency, I have found reason to examine and question the motives of the electoral masses at the moment of ascribing an indelible mark upon that democratic ballot.  Thereupon duly selecting a candidate, and thereby sealing the fate of this great Nation.  Introspectively I have weighed much of the decisions made by the electorates in recent time past. The consequences of such unworthy selections placed heavy social and economical burden upon the welfare of Bahamians, and the future sovereignty of our Bahamas. 

With dire implications and repercussions I carefully contemplated past electoral results: notwithstanding a traditional or genetic disposition toward any particular personality or political party; or the peculiar circumstances relative to an individuals’ social deportment and professional appointments.  But, purely based upon the result of an introspective soul search, I asked myself:  “Were they induced to so ascribe an indelible mark; was it merely an involuntary act; or was it the result of personal conviction?” 

Had it not been for due diligence, concerning truth and historical facts, I might have chosen not to pursue that which have proven (for me) a labor of love. Had I not entrusted myself to study, “line upon line and precept upon precept”, the social and historical significance of my calling, I might have (to this day) remained a “rough stone”: unfit for the building this great Commonwealth of The Bahamas. Were it not for those few moments of introspective soul search, just before taking my solemn oath, my eyes might have never seen the glory of that illumining light which hitherto guides my steps and circumscribes my passions.  I might have been forever lost: Blindly stumbling in darkness; without hope; without purpose; without a just and duly cause. 

Therefore, through thorough introspection and soul search, we ought to examine our motives before ascribing an indelible mark upon any candidate - in whose hands we place the fate of this great nation.  We cannot and must not seal our fate and the future of our unborn Bahamians by selecting rough and defective materials for the building of this great new order, and for stations of authority therein.  

Hence, we have arrived at this pivotal historic degree, wherein we must define (for ourselves) a progressive and sustainable national vision.  But, before we can boldly proceed forward, upward, and onward in this new order, there is but one precarious question that must be duly resolved; notwithstanding our traditional or genetic disposition toward any particular personality or political party; or the peculiar circumstances relative to our social deportment and professional appointments.  Rather, restricting our electoral decisions purely upon the result of a personal introspective soul search. 

Therefore whatsoever the platform upon which that candidate might squarely stand. Whatsoever particular personality thereof, or whatsoever political party therein.   Wherefore it is by providence - inducing such great a conviction to serve:  Either, by the direct Holy Hands of God Almighty, or by divine inspiration manifested through mortal hands.  A motion is duly raised, and put forward for a vote: 

Of the candidates - Mr. Hubert Ingraham, Mr. Perry Christie and Mr. Branville McCartney, and a ‘continued’ development and prosperity for The Commonwealth of The Bahamas: “In whom do you put your trust?”

   

…my Bahamian brothers and sisters: Peace!!

  












No comments:

Post a Comment